:)

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

final decision

Go down 
AuthorMessage
misscupcake

PostSubject: final decision   Thu May 28, 2009 11:01 am

ive been thinking lately, that i really miss making videos for youtube.

i tried painting as a creative outlet but im not very good at it so i get frustrated.

i love doing voices and getting into character so i want to start making videos again.

but i have decided to change some things about my online presence.

i do not like drama or bullshit, and the youtube community seems to be full of it.

i dont just mean the random assholes that leave comments like, 'get a life you fucking slut'

i also have a problem with online 'friends' who cant accept the fact that i dont reply to every email i get.
i am tired of online 'friends' who suddenly turn against me, just because i havent answered their recent email.

im not obligated to answer ANYTHING.
i love making friends online, but im not interested in having deep conversations with every single person i come in contact with. it isnt desirable, let alone physically possible.

the final thing that made me leave youtube, was a comment i read on the misscupcake1 channel.

some girl, who i seriously do not have any recollection of, left a comment insulting me because she had assumed i did something which i actually did not do.

her comment was something like this:

'''''so you removed my subscription because i deleted you from my myspace friends list?
well im sorry i only keep friends on my list that i actually talk to.'''''

then she added some insult about me being a slut because i bounce my tits around or something.

the tone of her comment was anger and sarcasm, not sadness or regret.

for starters, i dont know who the fuck this person is. im very sorry, but i dont know her. maybe we spoke to eachother on myspace for a bit or something, but i do not have any recollection of who she is or what we have talked about.

secondly, i did not notice anyone had removed me from their myspace friends list.
she was all angry, because she had removed me from her list and thought that i noticed, and thought that it had made me angry so i 'removed her subscription'
i dont take notice of how mnay 'friends' i have on myspace. i accept all friend requests, i dont delete any friends, and i dont keep track of the number of friends i have, because it means nothing to me. i actually know about 5% of those people, the rest are randoms to me. (no offence to any randoms reading this)

thirdly, even if i HAD noticed that someone had removed me from their friends list, that would NOT cause me to 'remove their subscription.'

i actually dont know what that means exactly. does she think i unsubscribed from her? or does she think i unsubscribed her from me?

either way, i didnt do either of those.

reading that comment just sent me over the edge.
here was some chick that i have no recollection of, (i clicked her username to see her channel, couldnt recognise her image, nor her videos, nothing) insulting me about supposedly bouncing my tits around on youtube in the danny coggin video, all because of a misunderstanding on HER part

she completely misunderstood this entire situation, and decided to insult me about it.

wow!

i dont need shit like that in my life. i made videos because people asked me to do it, and because i found it fun and fulfilling.
NOT because i want to login and see sarcastic shit like that.

i have realised recently, that no matter what i do, there will always be misunderstandings. i dont have the energy or the time to explain myself to everyone. im going to put up a FAQ list, but people will STILL misunderstand me in some way, and i just have to accept that it will happen and there is nothing i can do about it.

classic example is the person who has been harassing me for the past 12 months. he has decided to make an account on this forum, 'stratician'

when i still had accessed my old email accounts, he asked me questions, and i would reply, but he never took my answers seriously. he always accused me of lying or of being fake, and im like wtf?

if people such as him, and that girl from above, are going to misunderstand things so easily, and react in such ways to something so fucking pointless, then i dont want to be part of it!

im open and honest about the type of person i am, what i like to do, etc, and if anyone on the internet doesnt like any part of me then they can fuck off somewhere else!

there are billions of people in the world, why would you waste your time worrying about me? im NOTHING. there are so many other people you can talk to, do not waste your time getting upset over anything i have said or done. cos believe me, my last intention was to offend anyone.

sigh.
after all that ranting, here is my decision:

i want to make videos again, so i will.
i do not want to be part of the drama on youtube, so i wont.

i think its unfair to disable commenting on my videos, so i wont.
i know it fucking pisses me off to read anything said about me on youtube, so i wont.

summary:
i will start making videos again, i will allow commenting, but i will not read or reply to ANY mail, EVER.
that means comments, messages, everything.

i thought it would be wise for me to start this forum so people could contact me, if they wanted to ask me a question or something, since i never used to reply to messages or comments on youtube.

and i also wanted there to be a way for people to contact me if they wanted me to do a voice for them professionally.

but i dont care about that anymore.

what i DO care about, is making fun videos that people will hopefully enjoy.

so i will make my videos, and pay no attention to anything that anyone says.
i dont care if people have questions to ask. they can find out from somewhere else.

i used to make my videos because people asked me to do it.
i wanted them to see the videos i made and praise me. i wanted them to say nice things to me, because i had low self esteem and i wanted other people to tell me im 'good' so i would feel better about myself.

but i have now realised that that is not a good way to live life. i dont want to rely on the opinions of others. i want to be self secure within myself. i dont want to rely on other people to tell me im good or bad or something else. i want to feel good about who i am internally, not externally.

so, now i will make videos because i enjoy it. and whatever anyone has to say about the videos, will not matter.

i will leave this forum up, because i have no reason to delete it. if people want to chat here they can.

im very sorry to anyone who has tried to befriend me online recently. i used to allow people to be friends with me online but there have been too many times when it has gone sour.

so now i will close off from everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Thu May 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi cupcake (I don't have enough time to fully discuss), I was thinking, in future you can grant people a membership to this forum if they make a short video clip of themselves saying hello to you.

I think this would be a good idea because any fans of yours would be more than happy to do so and the person harassing you, wouldn't have the nerve to show their face on camera, therefore, allowing your forum to be an oasis of love!

Anyways, must dash bye!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tybaltlives

PostSubject: Smart choices   Thu May 28, 2009 5:08 pm

You know, there is a guy over here in the US called Phil Hendrie - you can google him. Anyway, he has a radio show where he does voices of several characters (two or three at the same time). He sets up fairly outrageous scenarios and real people call into the radio show to talk to the "guests". I find it very humorous. But I mention it to you because you could do something similar.

Make up an audition tape of you discussing something (political or risque) with yourself. Send it around. Maybe you will get a few nibbles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
servalesque

PostSubject: Another way to share videos   Thu May 28, 2009 7:18 pm

If you want to try a new video environment you could look into something other than YouTube. I think metacafe does one. You could also set up your own website. I could help with that if you wanted.
Anyway, I wish you the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stratician

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 pm

Nevermind that harassment shit. Do you paint people? Can we see some of your paintings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a.rayment1992

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 am

Its great to hear that you are going to make videos again. I am thrilled! And I think it is best that you ignore the comments. Im sure YouTube wanted them to be useful, but they are just a place of negativity that removes a LOT of the fun out of youtube.

I wish you all the best! Oh yeah, are the videos going to more of the random hilarity, or will it be back to Fiveandahalfgirls?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Fri May 29, 2009 5:16 am

Great to know that you're going to make videos again.

As far as I'm concerned if you don't want to read comments or befriend people via Youtube then you have every right not to. It certainly doesn't bother me, as someone who's been a fan of yours for a little while. It's your prerogative.

Looking forward to seeing your new videos. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misscupcake

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Fri May 29, 2009 12:51 pm

thanks for the support everyone Smile

i plan to use the fiveandahalfgirls account but the structure will change alot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efianowi

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Fri May 29, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi ...well good for you. I honestly do not understand people who get mad because they did not get a reply to an email or a comment - I wonder if they themselves answer all the mail.
Anyway I'm so excited for more videos coming cause their the best quick cheer-ups for me from the work I'm doing. yeah them and my two beautiful kittens.
Have to go
Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laurence1211

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Sat May 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Interesting, either way its good to see the master baker back and making us laugh. I hope you stay this time for good. But you tube is full of unhappy people and people who are nuts so you have to watch out. Just the way its always been. Chin up girl Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strijdparel

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Sun May 31, 2009 2:58 am

Dear MissCupcake,

First of all I hope you will read this message and still stay active on this forum.
Secondly I want to say I am so happy you dicided to return to youtube. Now you are doing it for a good reason, because YOU like it. In my opinion that is the only good reason to make video's. I can understand that you don't want to read the comments on your youtube account and all the other sites. Althoug it is a good way not to feel the pain any more of the people like the girl who made you leaf or your personal stalker, you will be missing out on a lot too. You wont be able to see all the lovely and good comments people leaf that makes you feel good. For example, on your video you posted to day 98% of the people was so glad that you where back! It meas everybody loves you and all of your accents! And what I have said many times befor: you really have a great tallent and I am verry glad you have decided to share it with us again. I hope you will be making videos for a very long time!
To day I have watched your harassmend video. It is very sad that he(or she) has made a forum account here. But what ever you do don't give in to him and remove that video. Don't let anybody ever blackmail you. I will look into it if I can help you whit that problem, because I might know a few people who can help. Can't make any promises though... To the other forum memers I just want to say ignore every singel comment he(or she) leaves here, no matter how offencive it is and weather it is to you or Miss Cupecake, because this is where he gets his kicks out off. If we all ignore him it will drive him mad.
As for your 'friends' who left you because you did not reply there e-mail they are not worthy of your friendship. From your myspace, your forum reactions and ofcourse your video's I can see you are a great Girl and a lovely person with a good heart.
I can understand you have lost your faith in online friends when it has gone sour so many times, and that you close off from everybody now. I see you as an onlinefriend thoug, and I will resepct it if you don't reply. Because that is what friends do they respect eachother. But know that if anything is up you can always contact me and I will always be there for you if you need me.

Love, your always faithfull fan form the Netherlands, Strijdparel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anonymous2

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Sun May 31, 2009 11:32 am

I was searching for something on youtube and stumbled across one of your accent videos. Your impressions are quite good, so I thought I'd waste more time watching your videos (instead of working). Then I saw your comment about being harassed, followed the link to this forum, and read this post.

Sadly I've seen this before. A young girl from Canada posted videos of herself telling people personal information and showing the outside of her house. It was one video, but within five minutes of searching I was able to find out who she was, and exactly where she lived. Well time went on and I forgot about it. Several months later I thought to check her channel only to find that she deleted her videos because she was being stalked.

The moral of the story: be very careful about what you say in your videos and your online profiles. Even using the same handle on multiple sites exposes yourself. Don't believe me? Click this link to find your name, where you live, your interests/hobbies/likes/dislikes, etc. Every little harmless piece of information you give out could be used to hurt you.

That guy who kept emailing you did so because he was in control. He knew everything about you and you knew nothing about him. Block his youtube account? He makes another. Filter his e-mail? He creates another account. It's all about making you feel helpless. And he was successful.

So... how do you maintain an online presence without being harassed? The simple answer is: you can't. Unfortunately wackos seem to be fond of young, attractive girls on youtube. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if posting youtube videos makes you happy, then do it. But understand there is an inherent risk that goes along with it.

I would use a separate e-mail account for social networking sites only, and don't give out your personal e-mail address. Using your handle @gmail, @yahoo, etc is also a bad idea. If some asshole bothers you, you don't have to worry about it interrupting your life. As long as no one can physically locate you, then what people say online doesn't matter.

And as for "friends"... personally I think it's silly. On youtube I can subscribe to your channel if I like your videos, on twitter I can subscribe to your feed if I'm interested in what you have to say. But asking to be your friend on myspace/facebook/whatever doesn't make sense because WE ARE NOT FRIENDS. We've never met, we've never had a conversation, I know very little about you and you know nothing about me. So if I were you, I would completely ignore friend requests.

However, I would pay attention to who follows you and perhaps even start looking at what your followers say. If you like what they say, then you can subscribe to them. Taking interest in others is how you build an online social network, and it's a great way to meet people from all around the world. It also greatly reduces the likelihood of being harassed by wackos, because you don't have to show interest in wackos.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I hope something I said here helps you in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kchida1980

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Sun May 31, 2009 1:00 pm

i was checking out my subscription updates and saw that you uploaded a new video! Welcome back!!! I really hope that you are happy and well. You might not realize it, but you bring lots of joy to people around the world. I'm sorry that you had to get a taste of some of the absolute shit that exists in our world. That's just how it is - don't ask me why. Just know that people like you balance out the poop poo, which makes everything much more palatable for people like me. Sorry for the disgusting analogy. I'm sure I could've put it more eloquently, but I"m too lazy to go back and think of a better way to put it.

Peace!! SmileSmileSmile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kchida1980

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Sun May 31, 2009 1:13 pm

BTW, nice hair in the new video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stratician

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:49 am

To anony:

Dude, I even told her my home address. Believe it or not, I actually want this harassment shit to end. But does she? That's the question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
logic

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:16 am

"I'm very sorry to anyone who has tried to befriend me online recently. i used to allow people to be friends with me online but there have been too many times when it has gone sour."

I don't think you should be sorry at all.

You have fans. We think you should know as much about us as we know about you. It is natural. It is easy for me to think of you as a friend because I know enough that I like and as a person I know from videos on You Tube, you are hardly a threat.

You seem at ease with handling the fact you have a following. I see that you have been on a learning curve (- not everybody is good for you). You are confident about your acting skills and you are honest about it. I am going to be annoying. I don't think your self esteem issues are apparent. I think they are your analysis of the situation. You are just being hard on yourself.

Everything you suggest for yourself involves you taking things less personally. You are growing/changing just like any nice young lady should.

*leaves to check out the new vlog*

Cheers, and 'anonymous2' gave some really good advice. (You get a lot of good advice. It is because you attract smart people)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tybaltlives

PostSubject: A job for miss cupcake   Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Here you go, it says "international search" but it looks like you would have to live in either NY or LA.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tfr/1203768653.html

You should at least submit your materials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
russodd

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:25 am

tybaltlives wrote:
Here you go, it says "international search" but it looks like you would have to live in either NY or LA.

This is a GREAT find! Definitely worth looking into. If she wanted to, she could even audition as the "New York" and "LA" versions of herself, using her Leah Remini impression and Tiffany, respectively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/russodd
tybaltlives

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:03 pm

russodd wrote:
tybaltlives wrote:

This is a GREAT find! Definitely worth looking into. If she wanted to, she could even audition as the "New York" and "LA" versions of herself, using her Leah Remini impression and Tiffany, respectively.

Tiffany? - I don't think so. But Britni, definitely. Yes Britni for the LA version. Leah Remini is perfect for NY - Miss Cupcake really has that voice down well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaskaman

PostSubject: Re: final decision   Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:38 am

WOW!!!! Well, you won't read this probably but it seems to me a complete removal from the internet forum you have been so used to is your only choice. but, I personally feel you are addicted to it and leaving is an option that would possibly send you in a panic attack. I think your answer is the least likely option and that is moving on for good. There is an old saying, when I was a child, I played childish games, when I became a man, I put away childish things. It is time for you fully mature and realize that this youtube thing is great if you are a teenager but in the real world as an adult, it is just a passing fancy. but, your generation views youtube like some essential or beneficial thing in society. I view it as mostly a waste of time with moments of genuine fun or entertainment. You would fall in that rare moment of genuine enterntainment. You are a good person but continue to make yourself accesible to being stalked. In reality, if your stalker was apprehended, there will probably be two to replace the loser. So, what changes? your complaints about not being able to have access to youtube like most others without being harrassed. If you just left it all and pursued other things, how could you be cyberstalked when you had on accounts other than a email address? It is not complicated to me but I am not emotionally invested in youtube like you are. It has shaped your identity and given you more and taken less from you in your opinion. if you have to invest so much time typing a response to someone who hurts you that you will never meet in person and only can send hurtful words in the cyber world, why stay in the cyber world. he probably does not live in the same continent as you and could not afford to fly to your country let alone have the money to rent a car to drive to your city. But, you continue to stay and voice your complaints and then continue to stay? It smells as an addiction to me and a professional may agree. but, it is your life but seems to be an easy decision to leave but seemingly impossible by you to live with. I wish you well as always and my opinion is voiced the last time. Good luck to you always. Will

[quote="misscupcake"]ive been thinking lately, that i really miss making videos for youtube.

i tried painting as a creative outlet but im not very good at it so i get frustrated.

i love doing voices and getting into character so i want to start making videos again.

but i have decided to change some things about my online presence.

i do not like drama or bullshit, and the youtube community seems to be full of it.

i dont just mean the random assholes that leave comments like, 'get a life you fucking slut'

i also have a problem with online 'friends' who cant accept the fact that i dont reply to every email i get.
i am tired of online 'friends' who suddenly turn against me, just because i havent answered their recent email.

im not obligated to answer ANYTHING.
i love making friends online, but im not interested in having deep conversations with every single person i come in contact with. it isnt desirable, let alone physically possible.

the final thing that made me leave youtube, was a comment i read on the misscupcake1 channel.

some girl, who i seriously do not have any recollection of, left a comment insulting me because she had assumed i did something which i actually did not do.

her comment was something like this:

'''''so you removed my subscription because i deleted you from my myspace friends list?
well im sorry i only keep friends on my list that i actually talk to.'''''

then she added some insult about me being a slut because i bounce my tits around or something.

the tone of her comment was anger and sarcasm, not sadness or regret.

for starters, i dont know who the fuck this person is. im very sorry, but i dont know her. maybe we spoke to eachother on myspace for a bit or something, but i do not have any recollection of who she is or what we have talked about.

secondly, i did not notice anyone had removed me from their myspace friends list.
she was all angry, because she had removed me from her list and thought that i noticed, and thought that it had made me angry so i 'removed her subscription'
i dont take notice of how mnay 'friends' i have on myspace. i accept all friend requests, i dont delete any friends, and i dont keep track of the number of friends i have, because it means nothing to me. i actually know about 5% of those people, the rest are randoms to me. (no offence to any randoms reading this)

thirdly, even if i HAD noticed that someone had removed me from their friends list, that would NOT cause me to 'remove their subscription.'

i actually dont know what that means exactly. does she think i unsubscribed from her? or does she think i unsubscribed her from me?

either way, i didnt do either of those.

reading that comment just sent me over the edge.
here was some chick that i have no recollection of, (i clicked her username to see her channel, couldnt recognise her image, nor her videos, nothing) insulting me about supposedly bouncing my tits around on youtube in the danny coggin video, all because of a misunderstanding on HER part

she completely misunderstood this entire situation, and decided to insult me about it.

wow!

i dont need shit like that in my life. i made videos because people asked me to do it, and because i found it fun and fulfilling.
NOT because i want to login and see sarcastic shit like that.

i have realised recently, that no matter what i do, there will always be misunderstandings. i dont have the energy or the time to explain myself to everyone. im going to put up a FAQ list, but people will STILL misunderstand me in some way, and i just have to accept that it will happen and there is nothing i can do about it.

classic example is the person who has been harassing me for the past 12 months. he has decided to make an account on this forum, 'stratician'

when i still had accessed my old email accounts, he asked me questions, and i would reply, but he never took my answers seriously. he always accused me of lying or of being fake, and im like wtf?

if people such as him, and that girl from above, are going to misunderstand things so easily, and react in such ways to something so fucking pointless, then i dont want to be part of it!

im open and honest about the type of person i am, what i like to do, etc, and if anyone on the internet doesnt like any part of me then they can fuck off somewhere else!

there are billions of people in the world, why would you waste your time worrying about me? im NOTHING. there are so many other people you can talk to, do not waste your time getting upset over anything i have said or done. cos believe me, my last intention was to offend anyone.

sigh.
after all that ranting, here is my decision:

i want to make videos again, so i will.
i do not want to be part of the drama on youtube, so i wont.

i think its unfair to disable commenting on my videos, so i wont.
i know it fucking pisses me off to read anything said about me on youtube, so i wont.

summary:
i will start making videos again, i will allow commenting, but i will not read or reply to ANY mail, EVER.
that means comments, messages, everything.

i thought it would be wise for me to start this forum so people could contact me, if they wanted to ask me a question or something, since i never used to reply to messages or comments on youtube.

and i also wanted there to be a way for people to contact me if they wanted me to do a voice for them professionally.

but i dont care about that anymore.

what i DO care about, is making fun videos that people will hopefully enjoy.

so i will make my videos, and pay no attention to anything that anyone says.
i dont care if people have questions to ask. they can find out from somewhere else.

i used to make my videos because people asked me to do it.
i wanted them to see the videos i made and praise me. i wanted them to say nice things to me, because i had low self esteem and i wanted other people to tell me im 'good' so i would feel better about myself.

but i have now realised that that is not a good way to live life. i dont want to rely on the opinions of others. i want to be self secure within myself. i dont want to rely on other people to tell me im good or bad or something else. i want to feel good about who i am internally, not externally.

so, now i will make videos because i enjoy it. and whatever anyone has to say about the videos, will not matter.

i will leave this forum up, because i have no reason to delete it. if people want to chat here they can.

im very sorry to anyone who has tried to befriend me online recently. i used to allow people to be friends with me online but there have been too many times when it has gone sour.

so now i will close off from everyone.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: final decision   

Back to top Go down

final decision
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
miss cupcake :: Forum :: Discussion-
Jump to: