miss cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

miss cupcake

:)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Movies and Films

Go down 
+4
tommylane
misscupcake
Craig
Sam
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam

Sam

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:39 am

I know not everyone who reads this will be from the same areas of the world,so I was wondering what new movies have come out where you live.Have you seen any thing you like, dislike, or maybe there is one you really want to see.
I love movies ,everything about them .How their made,how they look,how the stories play out (if the their well written lol).Also what movies are your faves.Look forward to the responses.Maybe there will be some Ive not seen and should.
Back to top Go down
Craig

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:12 am

StarTrek later this week and Terminator Salvation later this month... but.. you are from Maine... you probably already know this. ha
Back to top Go down
misscupcake

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:47 am

I recently watched 'house bunny' and loved it! I'm an old time fan of Anna Faris..

I also watched 'Vantage Point' starring Dennis Quaid and Matthew Fox, both of whom I have crushes on. LOL.
I liked that movie too Very Happy
(and not only cos those two guys are in it hehehe)
Back to top Go down
tommylane

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Vantage Point was very good. Much better than the critics reviews.
Back to top Go down
http://tommylane.net
Sam

Sam

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Ya the critics are more often then not wrong about movies they never take a movie for what it is.One of these guys said "X Men Origins was far to comic bookie for my taste".

Not to swift there bud the movie is based on a comic book so.......whats your point.

I actually like this movie.I thought the effects were pretty decent,And the camera work was also good.The story wasn't very in depth but what do you want it X-Men.

Terminator looks amazing.There's so much CGI in tho and I hope they didn't screw it up. Bad Computer work can really tank an otherwise good film.
Back to top Go down
efianowi

efianowi

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:14 pm

I will probably go to see X-man Origins... this friday hope it's a good one.
I've watched Vicky.Cristina.Barcelona and must say I expected something more. It was not bad but a bit weird and the lector explaining everything was annoying. I got the impression that he had to say what the actors could not play and the actors were good so instead of all those explanations there should have been more scenes played. What do you think? anybody watched this movie?

PS
wow that's more posts today than in my whole life :)
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:55 pm

I really want to see Star Trek. I've heard fantastic things about it.
Back to top Go down
Sam

Sam

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:14 am

I have so many god things to say about this movie,I'll not bore you with the details.Sufficed to say whether your a Trek fan or not ,go see this movie.Its well written and the casting was perfect and I think you'll enjoy it. Very Happy

Chris Pine ... James T. Kirk

Zachary Quinto ... Spock

Leonard Nimoy ... Spock Prime

Eric Bana ... Nero

Bruce Greenwood ... Capt. Christopher Pike

Karl Urban ... Dr. Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

Zoe Saldana ... Nyota Uhura

Simon Pegg ... Scotty

John Cho ... Hikaru Sulu

Anton Yelchin ... Pavel Chekov

Ben Cross ... Sarek

Winona Ryder ... Amanda Grayson

Chris Hemsworth ... George Kirk

Jennifer Morrison ... Winona Kirk

Rachel Nichols ... Gaila
Back to top Go down
Strijdparel

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:27 pm

I have actually seen X-men origiens. It was cool. The main reason of that was Gambit of course. I really love the actor who plays him, it was just what i rememberd for the cartoon series when i was a child. I hope two things; that they will make the Macneto spinn off and that there will be a Gambit spin off.
Back to top Go down
misscupcake

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Strijdparel wrote:
I have actually seen X-men origiens. It was cool. The main reason of that was Gambit of course. I really love the actor who plays him, it was just what i rememberd for the cartoon series when i was a child. I hope two things; that they will make the Macneto spinn off and that there will be a Gambit spin off.

who is gambit?
ive seen the xmen movie, but im not very familiar with everyones names...
magneto is the bad guy right? who was also in lord of the rings?

OMG LOOK I FOUND DIDI
cat
Back to top Go down
efianowi

efianowi

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:04 pm

I've recently seen both X-man and Star Trek and they both were great. X-man - lots of good special effects etc. However, I must say Star Trek was a big surprise for me mainly ‘cause I didn’t know much about it and was expecting a serious science-fiction movie whereas it appeared to be a great comedy too! Adorable, a bit exaggerated Russian accent “Victor 2...” , the scene of good bye : “I will monitor your frequency” brilliant.
All in all, X-man is a good movie especially for big fans of X-men, but Star Trek will be fun for everybody; as a matter of fact I’m going to see it once more. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Strijdparel

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:14 pm

misscupcake wrote:

who is gambit?
ive seen the xmen movie, but im not very familiar with everyones names...
magneto is the bad guy right? who was also in lord of the rings?

OMG LOOK I FOUND DIDI
cat

Gambit geek (this looks like him) in the movie was the guy with the cards and the stick (thought he was really hot) and Gambit is an xmen in the '90 cartoon serie. I really liked that show, he was one of my faforites. I know a little more names because my ex boy friend like the comics. For example in the movie there was a karacter named Emma Frost, if you don't read the comics you would not know who she was, because she was not in the cartoon series.

Magneto is indeed the bad guy, but in the cartoons and the comics he is semi bad because he was actually frends once with charles xavier. And sometimes he helps out the xmen. And he indeed played also in the lord of the rings (also great movies) as Gandalf. Ian Mcallen is a great actor!
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Hitchcock   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:43 pm

A semi-local theatre sometimes has an Alfred Hitchcock festival. I always try to see Vertigo. They have an original print that looks much better than the restoration.
Back to top Go down
Sam

Sam

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Terminator   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:43 am

Just watched a midnight showing of the new Terminator movie.Awsome.Graphicly stunning,a bit predictable (but only if you already familiar with the Terminator world and that's to be expected on this kind of movie Wink,but otherwise well done flix.Go see it I think you'll like it even if you were not originally fan of the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:32 am

I saw Terminator Salvation. It was okay, but there was a lot wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
misscupcake

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:16 pm

ive seen one or two of the terminator movies.. or actually all 3 but i dont remember them that well..

but ive recntly started watching the tv series 'terminator: the sarah connor chronicles'
and i really like it
i love the actress who plays the female terminator, helping john and sarah.

she was in the movie serenity.. i like her alot.

and omg shirley manson from garbage is in the show too, very random i thought.
her accent gave her away Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam

Sam

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Red wrote:

What didn't you like about "Terminator Salvation" ??Something specific or just not your kind of movie in general.

misscupcake wrote:

but ive recntly started watching the tv series 'terminator: the sarah connor chronicles'
and i really like it
i love the actress who plays the female terminator, helping john and sarah.

she was in the movie serenity.. i like her alot.

and omg shirley manson from garbage is in the show too, very random i thought.
her accent gave her away Smile

Ya I like the series a lot,also because of Summer Glau (Serenity also one of my favorite movies but I was a big fan of the show FIREFLY.).The whole cast does a good job and I like the writing as well.
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: I have to agree with Sam   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:51 pm

I was glad to see Summer Glau in a new series since I am a fan of Firefly/Serenity. I also think that it is one of the best written series I've seen. It's a pity that it's been cancelled already. Just like Firefly, a show cancelled too soon.
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: 1 Per Year   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:55 pm

It seems that I only make it to one movie per year. I don't plan it that way. I plan to see more movies but just don't seem to get around to it.
What are the best movies to see this year? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sam

Sam

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:02 am

So far for me its Star-Trek but Ill reserve judgement till the end of the movie making season Laughing
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:47 am

Sam wrote:
Red wrote:

What didn't you like about "Terminator Salvation" ??Something specific or just not your kind of movie in general.
There were several things. For one the film tries to do too much, to set up John Conner's story, introduce Kyle Reese, and tell this story about the new character Marcus. Considering this is supposed to be the first part of a movie trilogy they didn't need to have all of this, because it turns most of the supporting cast (including Kyle Reese, who was supposed to be one of the most important characters) into just one-dimensional plot devices. There was also a considerable lack of drama in the movie, which is partly because of the weak supporting cast.

The acting among the three leads was good, but Christian Bale was pretty one-note (and Bale is one of my favorite actors). The action was very well done but it kinda bogged down the movie a little bit. The nods to the previous movies came off as a bit forced, but then again as a Terminator fan I'd probably complain if that wasn't in there. Mainly it's problems with the script that I hope are fixed with the sequel if there is one.
Back to top Go down
Strijdparel

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:06 am

Movie update.

I recently saw two movies. One was a horror movie, wich i normally dont like, but a friend dragged me along because she was to afraid to watch it alone, and one romcom.

The Horror movie was called The Telling, and it was actually kind of good. In this movie they tell three separate stand alone movies. The first one was kind of chuckey like, the second artistik and the third a slasher but very thrilling. This is a good movie if you like horror.

The Feel Good was: The ghosts of girlfriends past. It was a sort of moderne version of the old charles dickens chrismas carol, exapt you should replaces santa whit... queen (girlfriend). It was really funny and Jennifer Garner is the lead actress. She is really cool.

For tv series I now started whit the 'old' serie Alias. It is form JJ Abrahams, the same maker of Lost and in the break of Lost I needed a new serie so I downloaded this one. Jennifer Gardner also plays the lead in this serie.
Back to top Go down
Strijdparel

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:25 am

servalesque wrote:
It seems that I only make it to one movie per year. I don't plan it that way. I plan to see more movies but just don't seem to get around to it.

What kind of movies do you like, that would help if we knew that.
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 6:37 am

Strijdparel wrote:
servalesque wrote:

What kind of movies do you like, that would help if we knew that.

That would help a lot, wouldn't it? Embarassed
I like mystery/thrillers that aren't too intense.
I like action movies that aren't too violent.
I like comedies that aren't vulgar.
I'm a sucker for romance if it is not too brain dead. (Although I'm avoiding them for now.)
I like horror movies that are done so badly that they seem like comedies. (Komodo vs. Cobra is a great example.)
I like sci-fi if it has a good story.
I like dramas.

I hope that made sense.
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:47 am

Saw Star Trek. 'Twas great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movies and Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Films   Movies and Films I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies and Films
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
miss cupcake :: Forum :: Discussion-
Jump to: