miss cupcake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

miss cupcake

:)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World Travel

Go down 
+3
misscupcake
servalesque
Randy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy

Randy

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Perhaps it's just the ramblings of an old man, but I really like the pictures on Miss Cupcake's Myspace page. The album entitled "Photography" shows a side of Australia we never see over here (USA). I had the idea that Australia was either jungle or dessert, and that you couldn't take a step without some weird animal (the deadliest in the world) trying to kill you. Her pictures show the nice, normal-looking spots off the tourist and media path. Maybe others could do something similar? I'd be interested, anyway.

Last edited by Randy on Sun May 24, 2009 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/90328900
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Stereotypical Australia   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 7:38 pm

You know how in Hawaii they put a lei around the neck of each new arrival? From nature shows you get the idea that in Australia they put a snake around your neck.
I have a friend that went to Australia who likes snakes. He never saw any. Sad
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Yosemite   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 7:55 pm

I did one of my web design final projects on Yosemite. It's got some great pictures. Here is the link.
http://servalcreations.com/dm160btielia1657/index.html

(For viewing, please don't use Internet Explorer 6. It really makes a mess of my work. Firefox shows a cool effect in the address bar.)
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Cool! cat
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: A few more   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:21 am

I plan to upload more of my photos but am too busy to do it now. In the meantime, here are some from a final project from last semester. All but the last one are in California.
http://servalcreations.com/final_project/photos.html
Back to top Go down
misscupcake

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 2:59 am

haha
to be honest, i have never seen a snake in the wild.
i have only seen snakes in the zoo..

only in the bush areas there are snakes living freely.
but in the city area where i live, there arent any snakes in the gardens or anything Smile

well none that i know of anyways LOL Shocked
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Snakes in the Garden   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:42 am

I wish I had snakes in my garden. It would keep the squirrels from digging everything up.
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Lake Tahoe   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:01 am

I'm hoping to make a trip to Tahoe in June. Is there anything special someone wants a picture of?
Back to top Go down
Strijdparel

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 3:51 am

servalesque wrote:
I wish I had snakes in my garden. It would keep the squirrels from digging everything up.

Aaah... poor squirrels... monkey <--- (dont care it says monkey, it think it looks something like a squirrel) Laughing

Beautifull pictures bye the way. You could easeley sell them as stock photo's (photo's for photoshop). Wich country are they form?
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 6:22 am

Strijdparel wrote:
Beautifull pictures bye the way. You could easeley sell them as stock photo's (photo's for photoshop). Wich country are they form?
All the pictures in the Yosemite site are from California, United States. Yosemite is a national park.
Back to top Go down
efianowi

efianowi

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:57 pm

I do not how to make good photos or even have a camera but I have a uncle who is great at it. I live in Poland in one of the biggest cities - Lodz. It used to be an industrial city, now it's more like educational centre with lots of pubs discos restaurants etc ... yeah and also a big shopping centre - people come from different countries for a weekend just to shop because there is a wide range of clothes and also low prices. Anyway, my city is not too beautiful al place in Poland but there are a few interesting things to see. Below a link to my uncle's photos of my city of course. http://fotogalerie.pl/galeria/darimarc16208 and some more pictures of Poland:
http://pl.trekearth.com/members/darimarc/photos/Europe/Poland/

I hope you'll like it.
Back to top Go down
Randy

Randy

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:00 am

You weren't kidding about your uncle. He really does a good job. He could teach me a thing or two for sure. In fact, I'd like to see what cameras he used for some of that.

I think your city is beautiful. It's a good mix of old and new, and looks very clean. I especially like the little details and ornamental work on the various structures.

Thank you very much for a look at your home. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
logic

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:50 am

To me Poland is 'old', full of things from yesteryear; underground labyrinths, cobbled streets, castles and amazing architecture. I could go on, but to sum up I even like Warsaw.
Back to top Go down
efianowi

efianowi

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:50 pm

I don’t know if I should say this but I do not really like Warsaw. In fact I have this little theory of mine: I think that the capitals of countries are not very representative parts of those countries, they become more and more similar to each other. I mean the atmosphere of Paris, London, Berlin, Warsaw is pretty much the same (yeah it’s maybe too much generalizing) of course I do not mean architecture, history etc. I think I can’t explain it better. Do you know what I mean? If you really want to see and learn something about a country you should go visit other places than the capital. In Poland for example – the mountains, the sea, the lakes forests but also other cities like Krakow, Kazimierz, Wrocław, Poznan etc. They are much more Polish than Warsaw, which has become more global, multicultural.
Randy - I’m happy you enjoyed my uncle’s pictures and the places they represented. I am unable to say what cameras did my uncle use for making those photos but if you like you may try to ask him yourself via one of the web pages with his photos. I do not really know his email address.
Hope for some more photos from different places
Back to top Go down
logic

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:55 am

I know what you mean efi. I mentioned that I 'even' like Warsaw, and I know how that city compares with other Polish cities. For starters it was bombed to the ground and rebuilt by the Soviets. The old town is new and there is not much to get excited about, but the underground central railways station is worth exploring, if you are brave enough & have a spare day.

Poland has so many wonderful old cities. I first traveled East Europe not long after the fall of USSR. Selfishly I thought Communism improved my sightseeing, because ancient structures were off the beaten track and you really could feel like you discovered an old cathedral, or even a bone church etc - all by your self.

I know what you mean, I think, regarding capital cities. It is different here probably because the cities are the interesting places and the town are mainly rural, but there is a lot more things that are different than just that.

That said, I do see your point as a traveler you should visit more than just the capital city. Poland is easy to traverse by train and locals are inherently friendly. I also lived in St Petersburg and we made a habit of going to a different town each weekend, which was good because it made me feel less homesick being around more relaxed people.
Back to top Go down
NamelessOne

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:14 pm

Has anybody ever been to China? It's a shame that I don't have much money or time to travel around it myself. I only went to Beijing the Capital for a couple of times, because my hometown is very near there. But I haven't seen the new stadiums for Olympic Games yet. We got the famous Forbidden City in Beijing. It's fairly well preserved. However a lot of old traditional buildings have been displaced by newly built modern ones. That's happening in almost every cities or towns in China and it makes all the places look more and more alike. But still China is a big country. It has enough interesting places for you to visit. I think it has more fun to dig them out by yourselves than to go to those official scenic spots directly.
I wish I can travel around the world someday. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Strijdparel

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:58 am

servalesque wrote:
Strijdparel wrote:
All the pictures in the Yosemite site are from California, United States. Yosemite is a national park.

Wow, now it is deffenatly on my 'places to be' list. One day when I am rich enough I plan on making a world trip.

Efi, your uncle sure makes good pictures as well. It makes me see polen form a total other perspective Laughing .

Namelessone, I have not been to China. I have never even been outside of Europe. I think China is a beautifull land as well, but I think I would like Japan even more. I have been a animee fan for a few years (not any more thoug) and it would be great to be in the country where they make them!
Back to top Go down
NamelessOne

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:43 am

Well, Japan is a very beautiful country. Traditional oriental culture and modern culture are well combined there. Of course I've never been there. Wish I can someday. 奈良(Nara) and 京都(Kyoto)are very famous ancient cities. It is said that 奈良(Nara) is built according to the pattern of ancient 长安(Chang'an) city of Tang dynasty of China. So basically if you go to Japan you might not have to come to China. That's kind of economic.
Strijdparel, by'animee' you mean 'アニメ'(the Japanese animation)? There are lots young people being crazy about them in China and in the world. But I am not very in to them, because it's like all the Japanese アニメs have a similar pattern. I like American cartoons a lot though. Like 'The Simpsons' and so on.
lol!
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Quail Hollow Ranch   World Travel I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:17 pm

efianowi: Thanks for the photos from Poland. My great grandmother was from Poland.

I finally uploaded some pictures from Quail Hollow Ranch in California, USA. I just posted them quickly so they may not be so good. Anyway, I thought I'd share for any who want to see.

Quail Hollow Ranch
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: No Lake Tahoe   World Travel I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:40 am

I've canceled my trip to Lake Tahoe. I've decided to let go of the past. The trip I had planned would have been counterproductive.
So, no Tahoe pictures for you guys.
Sorry.
Sad
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Any Requests?   World Travel I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:09 am

I can take a 3-day trip to somewhere in the western United States. Any requests?
I'll take pictures and share them. cat
Back to top Go down
Strijdparel

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:11 pm

servalesque wrote:
I can take a 3-day trip to somewhere in the western United States. Any requests?
I'll take pictures and share them. cat

Yes, LA and San Fransico, they look like fun. It has been a wile since I was on the forum but I am back!
Back to top Go down
servalesque

servalesque

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Not a city person   World Travel I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm really not a city person. I've been to LA. It was a big city. I've been to SF. It has more character. I'm going to the SF zoo in a few days. I'll post some pictures for you. I'll try to get a few of the SF landmarks if I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Travel   World Travel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Travel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
miss cupcake :: Forum :: Discussion-
Jump to: